Advice Centre and Helpline
The Advice Centre staff will help you to consider the options available to you so that you can decide what you would like to do next.
What’s on offer?
- Telephone helpline
- Information and advice around a range of issues including; housing, finances (benefits, debts and arrears), personal safety and home security, health and children.
- Advocacy- help you to have your voice heard within other agencies and organisations that you and your children may be involved with
- Sign posting and referral to other services you or your children may need
- Free ‘one off’ legal appointments provided in partnership with a team of local solicitors
- Referral to safe temporary accommodation (refuge) in the North Derbyshire area or elsewhere
- Counselling service
- Survivors Group- Wednesday morning 10.30 a.m.- 1 p.m. and rolling Freedom Programme every Friday 12 noon – 2 p.m.
Who is the service offered to?
- Women and children who have/ are experiencing domestic violence or abuse. (NDWA’s Outreach workers provide a service for men who have/ are experiencing domestic abuse)
- Family and friends who are affected by someone else’s experiences of domestic abuse (male friends and family can access support via the telephone helpline)
- Agencies who are supporting survivors of domestic abuse
How to contact us?
West Bank House, Albion Road, Chesterfield, S40 1LL
Monday to Thursday 10:00am till 4:00pm
Helpline - 01246 540444
Monday to Friday 10:00am till 4:00pm
Agency/office line - 01246 540464
Monday to Friday 9:30am till 5:00pm
Helpline -0800 0198 668
Derbyshire Domestic Abuse Freephone 24 hour helpline