Children and Young People’s Outreach
Our Children and Young People’s Outreach Service provides support to you at or close to your home in a safe place that you feel happy to meet at. Our specialist Children’s Outreach Workers will help you to think about your experiences of living with or witnessing domestic abuse and also to understand your feelings, build confidence, self esteem and recognise that you are not the only one to have experienced domestic abuse.
What’s on Offer?
- Safety planning
(download NDWA Children and Young People Safety Plan 148Kb)
- One to one sessions in a safe and friendly environment using talking, listening play and creative activities to think about how you are feeling
- Help if you are having problems at school
- Group work
- Telephone support - Someone to listen when you need to talk.
- Support for your parents/ carers around parenting
- Support to think about other services who might be able to help you and your family and help to get in touch with them
Who is the service offered to?
Children and young people up to the age of 18 who have experienced or who are living with domestic abuse, and live in the North Derbyshire area (Bolsover district, North East Derbyshire district or Chesterfield Borough)
How to contact us?
You can refer yourself by telephoning the Children and Young People’s Outreach worker for your area or by dropping in or telephoning the Advice Centre, or by talking to any NDWA worker. Workers from other agencies/organisations can also refer you to Children and Young People’s Outreach, through the Advice Centre or the Adult Outreach workers.
Chesterfield Borough C&YP’s Outreach………………... 07845 933 719
North East Derbyshire District C&YP’s Outreach ………07787 151 246
Bolsover District C&YP’s Outreach ………………………07787 151 248
West Bank House, Albion Road, Chesterfield, S40 1LL
Monday to Thursday 10:00am till 4:00pm
Helpline - 01246 540444
Monday to Friday 10:00am till 4:00pm
Agency/office line - 01246 540464
Monday to Friday 9:30am till 5:00pm
Helpline -0800 0198 668
Derbyshire Domestic Abuse Freephone 24 hour helpline