Our specialist domestic abuse health visitor provides a service to all women and their children who are staying with us in refuge. the health visitor will visit you in refuge and provide a safe space to talk about the health needs of you and your children.
What’s on offer?
- 1:1 support and health advice around issues including: pregnancy, child development, parenting, sexual health, mental health.
- Help to access healthcare services including doctors, podiatry, continence services-for you and your children.
- Public health promotion work in a small group setting (in the refuge)
- Someone to talk to about your experiences of domestic abuse and the effects of it on yours and your children’s health.
- Help to connect up to other services such as children’s mental health and school nurses.
Who is the service offered to?
All women and children who are escaping from domestic abuse and who are staying in one of our refuges.
How to contact us?
If you are living in one of our refuges, you will automatically have an opportunity to see the health visitor.