Domestic Abuse Awareness and Support Group for Women
The Freedom Programme is a 12 week support group for women. It s open to any woman who wants to learn more about the reality of domestic abuse.
It aims to:
- help women to understand the beliefs held by abusive men and in so doing recognise which of these beliefs they have shared
- help women to gain self esteem and the confidence to improve the quality of their lives
- to look at the effects of domestic abuse on children
- to help women to recognise potential future abusers
- to introduce women to community resources such as the Police Domestic Abuse Unit and Rape Crisis
The Freedom Programme is being run by North Derbyshire Women's Aid in venues across the areas of Chestefield Borough, North East Derbyshire and Bolsover Districts in partnership with Derbyshire County Council Children's Centres.
All courses are open to women from any area.
All programmes are free.
Creche places for pre-school age children may be available.
For more information on the current programmes please ring 01246 540444
or Derbyshire Domestic Abuse Freephone number 0800 0198 668
You can also go to the Freedom Programme website www.freedomprogramme.co.uk