Our Adult Outreach service is for men and women who are experiencing domestic abuse, in the Chesterfield, North East Derbyshire, and South Bolsover District area. This may be at your home if it is safe, or in a safe, public place such as your doctor’s surgery, children’s centre or other community venue that you agree to. Your Outreach worker will help you to think about your situation and explore the options available to you so that you can decide what you would like to do next. If you are unsure if you are experiencing domestic abuse, please ring or text to chat about what is happening and what you can do about it. There are a range of options available to make your situation safer.
What’s on Offer?
- Information and advice - around a range of issues including; housing, finances (benefits, debts and arrears), personal safety and home security, health and children.
- Advocacy - help you to have your voice heard within other agencies and organisations that you and your children may be involved with
- Sign posting and referral to other services - you or your children may need such as community mental health, social care, educational welfare, children’s support, disability services, specific support/ self help groups
- Support to safe temporary accommodation (refuge)
Who is the service offered to?
- Women who have/ are experiencing domestic abuse.
- Men who have/ are experiencing domestic abuse.
How to contact us?
You can refer yourself by telephoning the Outreach worker for your area or by dropping in or telephoning the Advice Centre, or by talking to any NDWA worker. Workers from other agencies/organisations can also refer you to Adult Outreach, through the Advice Centre.
Chesterfield Borough Adult Outreach - 07787 151 247
North East Derbyshire District Adult Outreach - 07787 151 251
Bolsover District Adult Outreach - 07787 151 250
West Bank House, Albion Road, Chesterfield, S40 1LL
Monday to Thursday 10:00am till 4:00pm
Helpline - 01246 540444
Monday to Friday 10:00am till 4:00pm
Agency/office line - 01246 540464
Monday to Friday 9:30am till 5:00pm
Helpline -0800 0198 668
Derbyshire Domestic Abuse Freephone 24 hour helpline